Monday, March 1, 2010

MJ: the king of pop.

i truly do pity him.

but actually...
it's more than pity.
it's this deep sense of hurt and pain for him.

i'm not even going in-depth into his statistics,
but here are a few:
he revolutionized the music industry.
he had numerous top-charters.
he broke the record by winning 8 Grammys.
EIGHT.
someone commented that R. Kelly, Usher, and JT used his album like a textbook.
his dance moves are unmet by anyone.
he is, essentially, a LEGEND.
he appeared to be so successful.

and yet.
he never got to have a childhood.
because of his amazing & obvious talent,
his parents pushed and pushed and pushed.
his dad, Joseph, had an affair with a woman 20 years younger than him.
they even had a secret child.
when MJ found out, it exacerbated the anger and pain he felt towards his father.
he couldn't talk to him for years.

on the outside,
it appears that Jackson had everything that everyone wanted.
fame, fortune, prestige, awards.
but was he really?

Jackson once said:
"Even at home, I'm lonely. I sit in my room sometimes and cry. It's so hard to make friends ... I sometimes walk around the neighborhood at night, just hoping to find someone to talk to. But I just end up coming home."


"i don't wanna gain the whole world,
and lose my soul."
-Toby Mac

Lord,
have mercy on his soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment