today i signed up for another class that puts me at 18 units.
the class is Intro to Medicine.
it’s a 2-unit class that meets every thursday from 7-9pm.
i’m really glad that i’m taking it.
in the class, we’re gonna learn about the different specialties in medicine & they’re requiring us to do a certain number of hours job shadowing. perfect! that’s just what i’ve been wanting to do! i can start my rotations early! :)
you know,
sometimes I’m SO motivated to be in medicine.
I plan things out.
I pay attention in class.
I work really hard for good grades.
I tell myself, “Ashlee, you CAN do it. you are capable.”
and of course, i find my strength in the Big Guy Upstairs.
i feel His call to be a doctor.
(if you want a full explanation, i can tell you later. :))
but you know,
other times,
I get super overwhelmed.
like the MCAT?
someone’s sitting next to me studying for the nursing test right now.
and I’m stressed out over that.
how foolish is that?
I’m not even taking that test,
but I can imagine what it’s like
and it stresses me out.
next quarter i have to take the ACS for chemistry.
that’s already making me nervous.
the MCAT is over
chemistry,
organic chemistry,
biology,
and physics.
that’s 4x the studying/stress of the ACS.
a lot of my nursing friends are only in an undergrad college for 2 years
then they transfer to LLU
& go to school for another 2 or 2.5 years.
then they can start working.
i’m gonna have to be in college for 4 years.
then 4 years of medical school.
then 4+ years of residency,
depending on what i’m going to be going into.
& what if i take a year off? or half a year off to do mission work during my undergrad?
cause i have a feeling i’m going to be burned out from college sometime along the way
and i’m going to need a breather.
cause once you’re in medical school, you won’t have that.
so that means that it’ll take me even longer than 16 years.
ohmygosh.
16 years.
that’s over half of my lifetime right now.
my mind is so jumbled + overwhelmed.
*sigh* so many things to think about.
thats over half of your lifetime RIGHT NOW, but once you finish you'll be a doctor forever (unless cases of malpractice come into play but i HIGHLY doubt thats the road you're taking XD).
ReplyDeleteyou have the next 60 years to be a doctor. 16 years of school for 60 years of work (and the $$ that comes with it). When you become a resident then you're working, sooooo...make that 12 years or school and 16 years of education.
don't worry, you'll be fine.
ok...maybe not 60 years....maybe like 40? haha you won't be practicing when you're 90. XP
ReplyDeletethat's true...good input. thanks, suelynn. :)
ReplyDeletehhaahhahahahahhha! shooooott girl...course i'll be practicing at 90! i'll NEVER RETIRE! mwahahhahah.
...
...
.... just kidding. :)